postheadericon Live Blog

C2 Online Blog 2


Expect expert advice.

Do you Ignore Government Mail? Lisa Patrick
If you get any mail from the government, please bring it to your tax professional right away.  Some mail is date sensitive.  It could cost you money if the mail is not attended in 90 days in most cases.

Even if the government states you do not qualify for something, assume the government made a mistake and see your tax professional.  If you have no professional, please sent it to me by email and I will tell you - no charge if you need to see someone!
I just rushed a notice of objection through today that was one day from expiring and I believe the government has made a mistake that will get my client back $1625.00!

Darlene Lafond R.P.A., C.P.C.

Do not ignore your government mail!

Seniors in Alberta getting Money from Revenue Canada for expenses! Lisa Patrick
 The Alberta government is giving money away for a good cause.
I seen a cheque today for $4900.00  that was repaying the senior for a furnace, hot water tank and funeral expenses for her husband.

She had no idea.  I told her I could show her how Alberta Seniors Benefit provides tax free money for all kinds of things.
Furniture, appliances, home repairs, medical expenses, to many to list on this
Hey you sandwich generation out there.  Take on a task for your senior parent.
Your Alberta Senior parent is missing out on money!  

Click on this website:
Allowable Expenses - Alberta Seniors and Community Supports <>

Treatment as a taxpayer by Canada Revenue Agency Lisa Patrick

Canada Revenue Agency states that there are 3 methods to obtain satisfaction…but if we may suggest there are 4!!
1.         If you are experiencing a bad experience in the way you are being treated by a Canada Revenue Agency Auditor, ask to speak to their supervisor.

2.         Lodge your complaint on line if method 1. does not work
CRA – Service Complaints, complete Form RC193,
Service Related Complaint, which you can get by going to or by calling 1-800-959-2221 <>  for the form… and then fax it completed.
3.         Contact the office of the Taxpayers’ Ombudsman
If, after following steps 1 and 2, you are still not satisfied with the way the CRA has handled your complaint, you can file a complaint with the Taxpayers’ Ombudsman.

For more information on the Taxpayers’ Ombudsman and on how to file a complaint, visit their Web site at
4.         We would like to suggest you explore the use of a qualified tax accountant when dealing with Canada Revenue Agency.
Please call me or email me if you have experienced anything – we can help for sure!  Possibly at no cost to you!
See <>  

Poster - Taxpayer Bill of Rights from Canada Revenue AGency <>

Darlene Lafond  R.P.A., C.P.C.

Did the shareholder of your company die? Lisa Patrick

 In the event one of the major shareholders of a corporation dies, if the shares are transferred to a related party or the actual estate results in a change in control of the corporation.  This does not result in a split of the fiscal year and the requirement of filing two tax returns and two financial statements in the corporation’s fiscal period.  (This process is deemed a non arms length transaction)

When shares are sold and control of the corporation is affected by a sale to a non related party, a corporation is required to issue a financial statement and tax return as of the date of the shares sale and then the annual year end financial statement and tax return.

Darlene Lafond R.P.A., C.P.C.

Tax Court? Lisa Patrick

Our tax system and our government do provide a free method to go to court - The Informal Procedure.  Do not let fear stop you from going... you can win against the government!

In some cases the income tax book can be presented in different ways.  We have challenged and won! If you have any questions or conerns don't hesistate to contact us.

Darlene Lafond R.P.A.
Master Tax Accountant

CMS Website by WebmontonMedia.